Research Associate, Chemistry
Seer is seeking a Research Associate in the chemistry group, who will be empowered to support the development of the company’s core technology platform. The ideal candidate will have significant relevant experience and a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. This role is part of a team focused on nanoparticle synthesis, characterization, and assay development. This role requires skills including particle synthesis, surface modification, and incorporates both organic and inorganic chemistry.
This role will be based in the South San Francisco office through late 2019. Please note, the company is moving to its permanent location in Redwood City at the end of the year.
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include the following:
- Support lab activities for synthesizing R&D supplies of nanoparticle and other biosensor samples
- Maintain and operate laboratory equipment and scientific instrumentation
- Assist in the development of novel chemistries with a clear rationale for their associated performance in biochemical assays
- Organize, evaluate, and communicate data in an effective and scientific manner
The successful candidate for the position of Research Associate must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have had significant experience with the synthesis of organic and inorganic nanoparticles, and the chemical modification of nanoparticles and/or surfaces. Experience with process reproducibility and scale-up is a plus.
Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- College or advanced degree in chemistry, materials sciences, or process chemistry, with a focus on nanoparticle synthesis and/or surface modifications
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory terminology, good documentation, and good laboratory practices
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional teams and timely communication
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
The successful candidate is expected to have a background in chemistry with a minimum of a BS in chemistry or a related field. Preferred experience is a BS with 2 years of industry experience or an MS or PhD with 0-2 years of industry experience. Title and compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience.