Assay Development Scientist
Seer is building a world-class team of assay development experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of proteomics to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the Senior Scientist of Assay Development, we are seeking an exceptional Scientist to join our Assay Development team based in our Redwood City office. This group implements and contributes to the design of biochemical experiments that support the development and operation of the company’s protein assays, which form the foundation of breakthrough products and services in proteomic data.
Seer’s new Assay Development Scientist will ideally have a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a PhD in biochemistry, biology, or pharmacology with significant experience in protein biochemistry.
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include the following:
- Protein purification, development of protein based assays, immunoassays, biomarker discovery, protein arrays and protein separation involving primarily HPLC separations, SDS-PAGE, Western blots and other analytical protein characterization methods.
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of biochemical experiments to support assay projects and development of the core protein assay platform, with specific emphasis on proteomic assays such as, ELISA, and mass spectrometry.
- Assay development with ELISA, immunoassay multiplexing technology, MSD (meso scale discovery), product development of IVD. Duties including assay optimization, sample analyzing, assay troubleshooting, automation support, assay characterization and validation, generating SOPs.
- Follow established protocols for specimen processing, testing, inventory management and data recording.
- Perform installation and maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Label, validate, accession samples and enter patient information into the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Perform quality control methods and conduct analysis for the evaluation of manufactured kits, reagents and raw materials.
- Work with the broader Assay Development team to maximize assay performance across all functional assay elements, and to automate/streamline novel assays to meet clinical performance requirements
- Implementing standard operating procedures for current GLP and future CLIA facility
- Effectively present data internally to other Seer scientists and technologists
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Assay Development Scientist must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- Ph.D. (persons without formal degree who have comparable depth and breadth of training and experience and who meet job-specific criteria are eligible for consideration)
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques strongly preferred (i.e. ELISA, protein/peptide sample prep and separation, RNA and DNA preparations).
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, ex ceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
We encourage you to submit your resume below or send to Careers@seer.bio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.