Assay Development Research Associate
Seer is building a world-class team of assay development experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of proteomics to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the Senior Scientist of Assay Development, we are seeking up to 2 exceptional Research Associates to join our Assay Development team based in our Redwood City office. This group implements and contributes to the design of biochemical experiments that support the development and operation of the company’s protein assays, which form the foundation of breakthrough products and services in proteomic data.
Seer’s new Assay Development Research Associate will ideally have a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a background in biochemistry, biology, or pharmacology with 1 year of experience in molecular biology techniques including protein/peptide sample preparation.
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of biochemical experiments to support assay projects and development of the core protein assay platform, with specific emphasis on proteomic assays such as, ELISA, HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Assay development with ELISA and immunoassay multiplexing technology. Duties including assay optimization, sample analyzing, assay troubleshooting, automation support, assay characterization and validation, development of protein based assays, immunoassays, protein arrays, product development of IVD and generating SOPs.
- Follow established protocols for specimen processing, testing, inventory management and data recording.
- Perform installation and maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Label, validate, accession samples and enter patient information into the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Perform quality control methods and conduct analysis for the evaluation of manufactured kits, reagents and raw materials.
- Work with the broader Assay Development team to maximize assay performance across all functional assay elements, and to automate/streamline novel assays to meet clinical performance requirements
- Implementing standard operating procedures for current GLP and future CLIA facility
- Effectively present data internally to other Seer scientists and technologists
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Assay Development Research Associate must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have had significant experience supporting and implementing assays in an industrial biotech setting. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- A BS or MS with a strong academic background in biological sciences.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques strongly preferred (i.e. ELISA, protein/peptide sample prep and separation, RNA and DNA preparations).
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Experience operating Hamilton/Tecan instruments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We encourage you to submit your resume below or send to Careers@seer.bio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.