Seer is building a world-class team of formulations experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of the field to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the Associate Director of Formulations, we are seeking an exceptional Scientist to join our Formulations team based in our Redwood City office. The team consists of experts in nanomaterials synthesis, advanced characterization, organic synthesis, and bioconjugation. This role is well suited for the individual that enjoys working in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary space.
Seer’s new Formulations Scientist will be contribute to advancing Seer’s materials platforms, functioning with roles in biomaterials characterization, bioconjugation, hybrid biomaterials development, and assay development. The ideal candidate will have a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a background in chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, or molecular biology with 1 year of experience interfacing nanomaterials with molecular biology applications.
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Bioconjugation of biomacromolecules to nanoparticles and surfaces
- Bioconjugate and biomaterials characterization
- Surface chemistry to enable reactions with biomacromolecules
- Development of novel hybrid bio-nanomaterials systems
- Assay development for functional testing of materials
- Effectively present data internally to other Seer scientists and technologists
- Advance Seer’s technology by the synthesis of novel biomaterials and conjugates
- Execute surface chemistry to enable biomaterials development
- Develop assays to characterize and evaluate functional performance
- Leverage a variety of instrumentation techniques to characterize materials
- Work with the broader Formulations team in the development of cutting-edge materials
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Formulations Scientist ideally has a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry focused on combining materials and molecular biology to produce novel platforms for life sciences applications. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- A MS or PhD in chemistry, materials science, biochemistry or molecular biology
- Experience with interfacing nanomaterials with molecular biology applications
- Experience with bioconjugation and bioconjugate characterization
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
- You are a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
- You are a go-getter and ready to seize an entry level position and demonstrate capability for advancement
We encourage you to submit your resume below or send to Careers@seer.bio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.