Supply Chain Manager
Seer is building a world-class team of experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of the field to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the VP of Technology & Engineering, we are seeking an exceptional Supply Chain Manager to join our Technology team based in our Redwood City office. This role is part of a team focused on technology development, particularly of our nanoparticle and non-particle reagents.
Seer’s new Supply Chain Manager will be empowered to oversee our external development, manufacturing, procurement, and other sourcing activities. The ideal candidate will have a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. This role requires management skills and technical knowledge, preferably with particle-based systems, and knowledge of analytical characterization of complex formulations, along with general operations knowledge for chemical synthesis, product packaging, vial filling, lyophilization, distribution, facilities, and other business operations. The successful candidate is expected to have a background in process engineering or chemistry with 5+ industry experience in process development, manufacturing, or technology operational management.
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Oversee the technology transfer and outsourcing of particle and non-particle reagent synthesis and characterization assays to third party contract organizations, including fill/finish, packaging, and commercial distribution.
- Manage vendors for reagent supply, characterization, and packaging
- Work with assay group to determine the best set of nonparticle reagents for downstream sample prep workflow and source or reverse engineer materials for Seer’s products
- Help oversee integration of reagents, proteomic technology, and automated instrument for running our assay
- Create supply agreements or in-licensing opportunities with vendors as appropriate
- Work with marketing group to provide suitable kits for product distribution at launch and design next-generation reagent kits
- Organize, evaluate, and communicate data in an effective and scientific manner
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Supply Chain Manager must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have had significant experience managing vendors and integrating projects. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- College or advanced degree in chemical, biomedical, biochemical, or process engineering, chemistry, materials sciences, or formulation sciences, coupled with an understanding of analytical chemistry. Advanced degree in business or management is not required but preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory terminology, good documentation, and good laboratory practices
- Knowledge and experience scaling up processes involving chemical reactions or physicochemical interactions, preferably with particle suspension-based products
- Knowledge of CLIA regulations or cGMPs for pharmaceutical manufacturing and sanitary design
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We encourage you to submit your resume below or send to Careers@seer.bio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.