Sr. Director, Engineering & Operations
Seer is building a world-class team of experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of the field to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the VP of Technology & Engineering, we are seeking an exceptional Sr. Director of Engineering & Operations to join our Technology team based in our Redwood City office. The driving focus of this team is technology development, particularly of nanoparticle and non-particle reagents
Seer’s new Sr. Director of Engineering & Operations will be empowered to oversee our manufacturing, engineering, and lab operations including facility, utilities, EHS, and supply chain. The ideal candidate will have a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. This role requires process engineering skills, preferably with particle-based systems, and knowledge of analytical characterization of complex formulations, as well as general operations knowledge for supply chain, facility, and other business ops. The successful candidate is expected to have a background in process engineering and analytical technologies with 15+ industry experience in process development, manufacturing, and technology operational management.
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Manage process development, reagent supply, technical and lab operations groups, including the lab activities for producing and characterizing commercial supplies of nanoparticle samples
- Oversee integration of reagents, proteomic technology, and automated instrument for running our assay
- Assist in conducting the design, development, and implementation of physicochemical characterization techniques to support the core platform technology, with specific emphasis on particle characterization and their relationship to their performance in biochemical assays
- Oversee the technology transfer and outsourcing of particle and non-particle reagent synthesis and characterization assays to third party contract organizations, including fill/finish, packaging, and commercial distribution.
- Organize, evaluate, and communicate data in an effective and scientific manner
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Sr. Director of Engineering & Operations must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have had significant experience managing groups, running processes, and integrating systems. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- College or advanced degree in chemical, biomedical, biochemical, or process engineering, chemistry, materials sciences, or formulation sciences, coupled with an understanding of analytical chemistry
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory terminology, good documentation, and good laboratory practices
- Knowledge and experience scaling up processes involving chemical reactions or physicochemical interactions, preferably with particle suspension-based products
- Knowledge of CLIA regulations or cGMPs for pharmaceutical manufacturing and sanitary design
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We encourage you to submit your resume below or send to Careers@seer.bio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.