Office Administrator / Executive Assistant
Seer is seeking an Executive Assistant & Office Administrator to perform administrative activities for the office and provide support for multiple executives and senior leaders in the company. This position will report to the HR & Office Manager. Key duties will include managing meetings for C-level and VP-level executives, supporting employees at all levels on administrative tasks, and maintaining the office infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have 1-5 years of relevant experience, preferably within the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
The successful candidate will have a professional demeanor, excellent communication abilities, and exceptional organization and time management skills. This individual will be expected to interact with others at all levels in a fast-paced environment and at times under pressure, so the ability to handle complex projects both quickly and calmly is a must. Seer aims to create a collaborative environment where employees are encouraged to grow and excel.
This role will be based in the South San Francisco office through late 2019. Please note, the company is moving to its permanent location in Redwood City at the end of the year.
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include the following:
- Organize meetings, arrange travel on behalf of senior leaders, and provide administrative support to all colleagues
- Purchase and stock office and kitchen supplies, coordinate necessary office repairs with building management, aid colleagues with shipping and receiving, and assist with other office management responsibilities
- Review company credit card statements, file executive expense reports, communicate with vendors on invoicing, and assist the Accounting team with other tasks as needed
- Warmly greet company visitors, answer and direct phone calls, and receive mail and packages
- Schedule and organize company meetings and events, including comparing the calendars of both internal and external attendees, placing catering orders, and checking that AV equipment is in working order
- Other administrative tasks as needed, including assisting with HR, IT, Marketing, and Accounting tasks as requested
Successful candidates for the position of EA/OA should have previous administrative experience including executive support. Candidates must be self-motivated and team-oriented, and must hold theirselves and their work to high professional and ethical standards.
Key requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree and over one year of relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.) and a proven ability to learn new software quickly though studying and researching on one’s own with minimal instruction from a supervisor
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to compose professional emails in a timely manner and the ability notify others of pending tasks and deadlines both diplomatically and firmly
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with exact deadlines while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor
- Highly organized with an exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- The desire to continually learn and develop in a role
A bachelor’s degree and over one year of relevant work experience is preferred. Specific title and responsibilities are flexible to match a given candidate’s experience.