Director of Assay Development
The Director of Assay Development is a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of scientific leadership, collaboration, and management experience who plays a key leadership role in Product Development at Seer. The individual will report to the VP of Product Development, and they will provide scientific, technical and strategic leadership and oversight of the Assay Development group.
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include the following:
- Responsible for setting the strategic and technical direction for the department
- Develops and manages related budgets, staffing, and planning processes
- Responsible for proteomic assay development strategies
- Responsible for assay automation strategies
- Ensure delivery of high-quality bioanalytical data and ensure regulatory compliance and scientific oversight
- Ensure new bioanalytical technologies are being assessed and incorporated when appropriate.
- Provide guidance and direction to Scientists and RAs on data analyses, and strategic issues related to projects
- Provide mentoring and career development of staff
- Collaborate effectively with various stakeholders throughout the company including research, clinical operations, and data science
The successful candidate for the position of Director of Assay Development must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- A Ph.D. (persons without formal degree who have comparable depth and breadth of training and experience and who meet job-specific criteria are eligible for consideration)
- 12+ years of relevant experience and at least 5+ years of management experience
- A strong background in assay development and a good understanding of diagnostic assay development is preferred
- A strong track record of scientific accomplishment is desired
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to lead and work with others in a positive and collaborative manner to set and meet organizational goals
- Skills demonstrating initiative and creativity are also essential.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
Ph.D. is preferred; other educational backgrounds will be considered with more industrial experience. 12+ of industry experience in a relevant field is required. Specific title and responsibilities are flexible to match a given candidate’s experience.